Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HSV-1 or 2
allrisk99 posted:
I was tested for HSV at the local health clinic with a swap on small site. and for any other std's.
The nuse told me it was positive for HSV, I aksed one or 2 and she replied 2. Pretty quickly and non-chalantly.
I took it upon myself to pay for and get a blood test from lab-corp. Test came back negative for HSV 2 and positive for HSV 1 with a 4.91 result. Both test say they were Type specific IgG.
I don't have a family Dr and am confused.
Initial outbreak was some red raised spots but none of the grouped blisters I have seen. Since then recurrenses have been minor some payne in upper legs near my back but I have low back pain anyway.
I guess am I safe to say I only have HSV 1 and should I stop worrying myself crazy don't have anyone to talk to.

Helpful Tips

how do you feel towards the ONE WHO GAVE YOU HERPES
Did you know that 90% of people living with Herpes, DON'T KNOW THEY HAVE IT . Thats a big number. So you just found out you have Herpes, ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.