Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Vulva Swelling and White patches
An_251246 posted:
I woke up the other morning in so much pain I couldn't believe it. My vulva is completely swollen, and during the two hours before I could call my doctor (literally), I developed white patches (scaly looking) in my vaginal opening. My doctor seemed unsure whether or not it could be herpes and swabbed the sores but I won't know until Friday.

I've searched and can't find anything that talks about having herpes without having blisters first or large white scaly patches. I guess maybe I didn't notice them? I've had a new sexual partner in the last month, but did use protection. I'm under massive amounts of stress and have had 4+ yeast infections in the last 3 months.

I realize I can't know until the test comes back, I'm just hoping to hear from someone that they've had similar symptoms and it has turned out instead to be a severe yeast infection, as I've read that they can lead to sores, as well.

Anon_41099 responded:
when I have a outbreak I have itching first then comes the blisters and swelling and lots of pain in my back and sometimes kinda like flu symptoms the blisters due have a white covering on them ....

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.