Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Topical outbreatk medication
An_251325 posted:
I was recently diagnosed with HSV 2 in August to my surprise because I've never had an outbreak or any symptoms at all. This week I suffered from a yeast infection that got very itchy and I am not strong so I scratched. Alot! The rest of this week there has been a spot near my genitals that remained raw and a little painful but I assumed it was from the scratching that I broke the skin, it has happened before. But knowing my recent diagnosis I decided to look. There one area that is open skin but smooth, at it is in sort of a circle. There is only one, and I don't know much about outbreaks so I'm confused whether you can have just one or not. I put neosporin on it in case it is not one, but is there a topical medication for situations like this where this is only one. I see nothing else on the vagina. I'm confused because I hear that your first outbreak is your worst, but since I've never had one and this would be the first I expected more so this is why I'm not sure if it is indeed from scratching or what!

abe648 responded:
How were you diagnosed as having HSV 2? Was it vias a swab/culture that was typed or was via a blood test? If it was a blood test which test was it and what was the numeric value of the blood test.

If you infact have HSV 2 like you say then if this ob is not severe then there is a possiablty that you may have had an ob at some other time that you did not think was a herpes ob and may have been mild and did not recognize it as herpes and you may have thought it was the flu or something. It is also possible that your first ob is not to sevvere.

There is no ointment that can be used for HSV 2. Talk to your Doc about getting a R/x for some type of drugs that you can take when you get an ob or something that you can take every day so that it limits your ob's.

Read the info in my signature line
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.