Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Shock is first response
OnEDaataX posted:
I just found out to day that I have genital warts or HPV, which I'm assuming after much googling is 6 or 11. I am motified to say the lest. Of course I will take responsibility of my part in this because I acted off emotions and am now reaping the consequences. A brief background to bring me to this revelation.

Was in a realtionship with a person for 5 years and married to him for 4 of those years. I then find out that this man never divorced his wife before me and I am living in a Bigamist relationship/marriage. So, basically my husband is not my husband. Imagine my shock and horror at this information. I took it pretty hard. In an effort to deal with the rejected feeling because we are no longer together as a result of this (I could not stay with a deceitful man). I began sleeping around, drinking, partying to relieve the pain. Sometimes it was protected and other times not. I have no idea who gave me this lovely gift, which is the hardest part because I usually don't behave in this manner.
Hence my consequence
I don't know when I contracted this. I have so many emotions going through me at this very moment because I found this infomation out at seven pm on 4/9/2013. I have not been able to think, sleep, consentrate, etc...I am mortified!!!!!
How do I tell this news to any partners that I have had? I know that men are the carriers of this but how do I explain this? Who is going to understand? How will I ever have a normal relationship? So many questions. I'm embarrassed!! I don't feel like I can learn enough information on it to feel ok with it and live with it. I should have known better! Emotional pain makes you do stupid things!

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.