Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HSV2 readings ....questions ...
blueskyfall posted:
Hello. I tested positive about a year and a half ago during a routine physical which came as a complete shock to me. I asked the last three women that I was with to get tested and they all tell me they were neg and this goes back about ten years. However I feel that the last woman I was with is lying about her status.

19 days after my first encounter with the last girl is when I tested positive with a reading of 3.88. 10 months later is was a 4.00. Last month it was a 3.78.

Do these numbers in a similiar range mean anything in terms of a new infection?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

abe648 responded:
That figure after 19 days is a bit high but could be possible but it is really hard to say for sure if the last one was the one who gave it to you. You can have HSV 2 many many many years and have no ob's.

Have you had any out break?

The more important thing now is not try to figure out who gave it to you but where do you go from here. You need to tell each new partner that you have HSV 2. Search in the window for this community "Telling a Partner" and you should get lots of posts about how to tell a partner about the fact that you have HSV 2 genital herpes.

Read the info in my signature line below.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

blueskyfall replied to abe648's response:
Thanks for the reply. No classic obs but ever since having sex with the last one ive constantly red and irritated down there for over a year. It has subsided a bit after a year but still present. been to many docs and urologist and a dematologist and they all said the same thing that nothing down there looks like hsv2.

and yes my current gf knows my status.

abe648 replied to blueskyfall's response:
This does not sound like herpes related either. Have you changed your soap for washing clothes or your soap in the shower or something like that. It sounds more like an irritation. Does your partner have any issues with anything like yeast infections that perhaps the two of you are passing back and forth reinfecting to each other some how?
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

blueskyfall replied to abe648's response:
I doubt me and my current gf are passing anything back or forth to each other since I keep my boxers on and use a condom. This started 3 weeks after I started having sex with the prior woman. Burning on my testicles which subsided into a constant irritation and red, wrinkled apperance that then manifested itself onto the head on my penis. A week later I got my results back positive so even though she told me she tested neg twice I suspect she's lying due to the timing of these events. its been 18 months since and I'm still not right down there.

What sucks is we work together and I found out afterwards she's been sleeping with other guys at the job.

My luck.....

abe648 replied to blueskyfall's response:
Not being a medical professional myself I do not have anythign further I can recommend but to follow up with your Doc when you get these issues. Be seen with in 48 hrs of when you notice these and get them swabbed/cultured and typed to see if the Doc can figure out what this is.
God Bless you as you look for answers.

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.