Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HSV1 & HSV2 Test Results
aq7102 posted:
Have been monitoring this board since my MD took biopsy sample and advised her visual diagnosis was HSV2.. I'm very grateful for the guidance and intelligence of those who post through experience..

Biopsy resulted in:
HSV 1 NAA Negative Negative HSV 2 NAA Positive Abnormal
I've since had the blood test (full screening for STD's/HIV) and gotten the following test results:

hsv 1 igg, type spec

hsv 2 igg, type spec

The HSV2 igg was in the low positive range (but biopsy is absolute confirmation, correct?).. Does this mean it is a newer infection? Could the results be lower because I had started suppressive Valtrex?

I had the "talk" (thanks again for good advice on HOW) and my boyfriend is going for testing this week.. After some initial shock, I'm feeling more positive and relaxed.. Thanks!

abe648 responded:
Cannot really comment on the biopsy. Best if you talk to your Doc about that. Sounds from what you posted the Doc feels that you have HSV 2..

The HSV 1 at 5.65 if I read this right would be a posotive for HSV 1 which is very common in people.

The HSV 2 at 1.78 is a low positive. How long ago did the Doc do the biopsy? How long ago did you get the IgG blood tests done and how long ago did you have the ob that the Doc visually said it was herpes?
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

aq7102 replied to abe648's response:
Thank you for responding. I had an outbreak that my MD did biopsy on in on Feb 20.. resulted in a AbnormalPositive hsv2

The HSV1 is positive and I've had that since childhood (5.65)
The HSV2 igg test was done April 11.. My doctor had visually diagnosed HSV2 and did the biopsy of the ob the same day which was Feb. 20.

abe648 replied to aq7102's response:
Get a second IgG blood test for HSV 2 two months from now and see what your HSV 2 numbers are at that time and post them back in this post if you wish so we can help you. It may come up to a positive at that time. If not then there is one more test that can be done to confirm if you have HSV 2 or not.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.