Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Recurring outbreaks
Anon_48069 posted:
I have had genital herpes simplex 1 for almost 10 years. I had my initial outbreak and then nothing until last summer. Now I am breaking out all the time. I am now on acyclovir for my outbreaks. They have lessened since starting the medication. I was breaking out every 4 weeks or so. Why would the virus lay dormant in my body for so long without an outbreak to now breaking out all of the time? I thought that the longer you have the virus the more dormant it becomes and also having hsv1 which doesn't normally live in the region just doesn't make sense. Any advice would be appreciated.

abe648 responded:
Has any thing changed recently in your life? Are you run down or under a lot of stress in your life. That might explain the change in the number of ob's. I presume that this is HSV 1 orally? if not let me know. That is about all I can think of that would cause you to get more ob's and so often.

If it is oral then the virus lives in the nerves that look after your head neck and face area. The virus lives in the nerves that serve that area. The virus does not live in the fluids or blood.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

lacee1986 replied to abe648's response:
This is hsv1 genitally. I contracted it from oral sex. I have been under a lot of stress the past year, but in years before that I had been under major stress and never had an outbreak. I don't know if my body isn't handling stress the way it used to or what is going on.

abe648 replied to lacee1986's response:
What I have learned on this site is that HSV 1 genitally on average has 1 ob after the initial ob in the first year and then on average 1 ob every other year. Why you are getting so many ob's I have no idea and I would recommend that you look at this site and see if there is a Doc near you that can help you review your issues.

Are you taking Acyclovir 2 times per day and if so what dosage are you taking. You may wish to try Valayclovir the generic of Valtrax and it has come down a lot since it became a generic. Also you only have to take it once a day.

Here is the site and look at the Doctors area.

http://www.racoon.com/herpes/
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.