Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Can someone please give me a link to some good home STD tests
helpmeplz4now posted:
Hi, I would like to test myself for all STD's at home with one of those mail in tests. Can someone please give me a link to one on amazon.com or something? Thanks.

P.S I am willing to buy multiple tests, just as long as I get TESTED FOR ALL STD'S. Thanks.

georgiagail responded:
You are not going to find home testing kits for ALL STDs because there are not home kits for every STD yet available for the consumer.

The OraQuick Home testing kit and the Home Access HIV kit are both available and approved for HIV testing.

If you are looking for places to test, Planned Parenthood Organizations and local Health Departments both tend to offer lower cost STD screening than private physicians.

Gail

helpmeplz4now replied to georgiagail's response:
Well which STD's are home tests not available for?

helpmeplz4now replied to helpmeplz4now's response:
Also, all I would to do is get tested for basically the most common std's I guess, hiv/aids, syphilis, gonorrhea, etc.

Also, I had sex 1 month ago, it's not to late to get tested, right?

georgiagail replied to helpmeplz4now's response:
I've already mentioned the home tests for HIV.

Consider testing for gonorrhea and chlamydia through a physicians office, Planned Parenthood or Health Department; these are more common STD's than syphilis.

It is not too late to get tested. In fact, if your unprotected sex was just one month ago, it is too early to get tested for viral based STD's such as HIV, and herpes; you need to wait 90 days after a potential exposure to test for these.

Gail

Hi, the thing is, is that I live in the middle of nowhere and I don't want my parents to find out. I do have a doctor but it's under my parents insurance. I would kind off like this to be anonymous. I heard some of those home tests aren't fda approved so I am skeptical of them.

I am not opposed to going to a doctors office to be tested, but I would rather pay with cash (not sure if it's possible).

Do you know if you could just walk into a random doctors office and say "I would like to be tested, here's 300 dollars"?

You'd have better luck with anonymous testing through local Health Departments.

Gail

Hey, I went ahead and told my mom and she said whatever. But she is not going to make an appointment at our regular doctor because she is like an ultra conservative Christian, and she doesn't want to be embarrassed.

So I was wondering if my health insurance would work for any doctors office anywhere in the US?

I am going to have to make the appointment myself, will any doctors office work?

P.S I don't really want to go to a public health department.

No offense (well, perhaps an offense) but your mom is an idiot.

You call the physicians office and ask if they take your particular health insurance. Unless it is a very unusual policy they should.

Gail

Elle0317 replied to helpmeplz4now's response:
So your Mom's embarrassment trumps your health? Wow...what a shame.

Hi, I am going to drive to jackson, ms, to get tested (closest big city), can you please google and find a decent doctor that will do testing? thanks, I am absolutely clueless.

I am going to use my insurance and I really don't want to go to a government run clinic. Thanks again.

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.