Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Herpes test results confusion please help
An_251643 posted:
I'm a female who took the herpes simplex type specific Igg test for type 1 and 2. I just got my blood test results and don't really know what the mean b/c I did it through healthcheckusa.com and got the results online. Results are as follows:

Collected: 4/23/2013 9:01:00 AM Test Description Result Range Units HSV 2 IgG, Type Spec163153 4.4 0.00-0.90 index Negative 0.91 Equivocal 0.91 - 1.09 Positive 1.09 . Note: Negative indicates no antibodies detected to HSV-2. Equivocal may suggest early infection. If clinically appropriate, retest at later date. Positive indicates antibodies detected to HSV-2; coinfection with HSV-1 cannot be excluded without type specific testing. HSV 1 IgG, Type Spec164899 2.5 0.00-0.90 index Negative 0.91 Equivocal 0.91 - 1.09 Positive 1.09 . Note: Negative indicates no antibodies detected to HSV-1. Equivocal may suggest early infection. If clinically appropriate, retest at later date. Positive indicates antibodies detected to HSV-1; coinfection with HSV-2 cannot be excluded without type specific testing.

Can anyone clarify what these numbers mean? I think it means I have HSV2. Why would the numbers be the same for 1 and 2?

Thanks!

abe648 responded:
I am not a medical professional but can only tell you what i have learned on this site.

And i am only guessing but your HSV 2 says Equivocal 0.91 - 1.09 Positive

Your HSV 1 from, what I am, guesseing is 0.91 - 1.09

So anything over 0.91 could be considereed as a possible positive but as not in the notes the only way you can know for sure is to get a type specific IgG blood test for HSV 1 & 2 in about 3 months.

So from the way I read this your HSV 1 is 1.07
Your HSV 2 is 1.04
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

abe648 responded:
What I did not get a chance to tell you is that 0.91 or below is considered a negative for either HSV 1or 2.

So both your HSV 1 & 2 are just barely over the negative values. Both are at HSV 1 & 2 are at 1.09 and so you are at a extremely low positive values and that is why it says in the results that you should be tested later. As I recommended perhaps at 3 months from now. A positive for either of these would have to be around 5.00 as a value to note that you have herpes.

Are you male or Female? Have you had an ob recently that would make you think that you may have herpes or did you just decide to get tested? Please answer these questions.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.