Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Tiny pink genital bumps
timmikle posted:
I have a number of very tiny pink bumps around the base of my penis. They are less than a millimetre in size and are hardly noticeable, but have begun to worry me. I started to notice them about two weeks ago. They are painless, and would itch occasionally until I started using hydrocortisone a few days ago. They cannot be popped. From what I can tell it doesn't seem to be warts or herpes... but just hoping there is a way to clear them up, and clear my mind.

jetsfan88 responded:
Sounds like Molluscum Contagiom and this will clear up on its own and you will not have recurrent infection. You can pass this to your partners, so you either can remain sexually inactive for 6 months or have them treated via laser ablation/needle and/or cream that your doctor can prescribe.

-U.S. Medical student.

timmikle replied to jetsfan88's response:
Thanks so much for your reply. This is what I've been told it probably is but I wanted to make sure. There is also a very small one on the head, would this occur with Molluscum? I will go to my doctor to make sure, thanks again.

jetsfan88 replied to timmikle's response:
Yes it can occur anywhere. No problem. Good-luck.

timmikle responded:

timmikle replied to timmikle's response:

timmikle replied to timmikle's response:
Here is a photograph. They haven't been spreading for about a week now since I started using tea tree oil. I haven't been able to get to the doctor yet and I am still worried about the possibility of HPV.

timmikle replied to jetsfan88's response:
http://postimg.org/image/4a4z37e6n

jetsfan88 replied to timmikle's response:
Very characteristic of MC, I wouldn't worry about HPV. I do not know anything about tree oil usage. The quicker you see your doctor the quicker you can start topical treatment and thus achieve quicker resolution. Without treatment, like I said, you will wait for your body's immune response to alleviate the problem which usually occurs within 6 months. See your Primary care, or dermatologist.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.