Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Single and lonely
Ginaleo13 posted:
I've been living with herpes for 3years now and it is very hard to date.I wish that there was so one out there who understands my pain and how I feel.I wish I had a friend to talk to.I'm all alone.

abe648 responded:
Are you Female or Male?

How were you diagnosed as having Herpes? Is it GH and if so is it HSv 1 or 2 genitally?

If you were tested do you have a copy of the blood test results and if so can you post just the numeric IgG blood test results on here so someone can confirm your status. If was via a swab did they confirm for you which type it was?

You do not have to live alone even with HSV 2 genitally. There is someone who will love you for who you are even with GH 2.

Start by telling us what really bothers you about having GH? If you can put it inot words then we can help you to move forward and get on with life. Coming to this site is a good step to moving on.

God Bless you as you move forward.

Read the info in my signature line below and click on the Tiger to learn a bit more.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

mecb1987 replied to abe648's response:
I have had HSV2 for quite some time now. I found a guy who understands and is still with me regardless. We have been in a four year relationship. I found out when I had my first outbreak..I freaked out not knowing what the heck it could be, they confirmed it at the hospital when they did an exam on me they were almost positive that is what it was. And it was confirmed via a blood test. I took TWO blood tests because I did not want to believe it.

I would say...the thing that really bothers me the most about it is the social stigma of herpes.

mecb1987 responded:
more people probably have it thank you think who do not even know it.
not long after i was diagnosed my best friends mom found out she had it too.
it sucks, i know..but you will find someone who understands..just make sure you trust them with everything when you decide to tell them, i feared the worst when i told the guy i was seeing..i thought he'd hang up on me and tell everyone... he surprisingly didnt and four years later we are still together..he has NEVER had an outbreak..and we dont even know if he has it or not, never tested.

mecb1987 replied to mecb1987's response:
also i am female. i do not take any medicine and after years of having it i no longer break out very often.

abe648 replied to mecb1987's response:
So from what I read you are in a committed relationship and from what you say things seem to be fine?

It is only a social stigma if you let it get to you. Remember that there are approx 1 in 4 women and 1 in 5 men have herpes so you are not alone.

I would recomment that yo read the article above about "ood telling" if you have not read it. There are lots of feel good stories in it.

Ask any other questions.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

abe648 replied to mecb1987's response:
Could you please post your numeric IgG blood test results so someone can confirm your status for you to make sure that
you are infact positive for herpes?

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.