Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Fear of spreading HPV
An_251711 posted:
I am not even 100% sure if I have HPV. but i just have a feeling i do. So hypothetically speaking..If i have HPV...i have a fear of spreading it to my family. My mom and i share a bathroom.. If i have it and use our soap on my genital area (no warts) and then my mom uses it on her genital area..could she get HPV from me. We also share a razor and unwashed towels. Also if she washes our clothes and underwear together(not sure if she uses hot or cold water) could my clothes infect her clothes and then her genitals? These thoughts are haunting me and it is constantly running through my mind. I have read some things about it being transmitted ONLY by sex and other people say it could be transmitted from touching an infected object then touching your genitals/ an infected object touching your genitals directly. If anyone is highly positive they know the answers to these extremely detailed and crazy questions please reply

georgiagail responded:
No, it is not spread this way.

If you are concerned you have this virus, why don't you consider getting tested for it?

Gail

Helpful Tips

how do you feel towards the ONE WHO GAVE YOU HERPES
Did you know that 90% of people living with Herpes, DON'T KNOW THEY HAVE IT . Thats a big number. So you just found out you have Herpes, ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 47 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.