Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Herpes/HIV?
jack1986 posted:
Hi everyone, I was reading few topics here and thought i would ask your suggestion

last week i had intercourse with a stranger for 10-15 mins i did not ejaculate and i did have condom on all the time i did not have unprotected oral sex or unprotected sex to be frank this was my first time i ever had sex with a stranger i have been with a single partner all time so i never even had to get any tests for std's...so having said that everything was protected...i did not ejaculate somehow i did not want to and cleaned myself immediately with sanitary wipes around my genital area i did not kiss her on the lips nor did i perform oral on her i did kiss her neck and breasts that's it...the next day i felt guilty because this all happened when i was drunk so i started feeling weird and started scaring abt HIV or STD's mainly about herpes/HIV....i am having itchy feeling all over the body i do not see any rashes though...i have itching on my thighs,bum's,nose,lips,chin,cheeks,scalp , on the back and on chest also...i am too scared are these symptoms of any std's? I am planning to see the doctor too this week or the next week the itches come and go away not very bad yet please help me

georgiagail responded:
Relax. Your intercourse was protected (and, I'm assuming the condom was used accurately and did not break or tear). One is not at risk for picking up either of these diseases from kissing a neck or breasts.

I suspect at least some of your itches are due partly to guilt and partly to a fear over diseases you could not possibly have picked up from this event.

Gail

jack1986 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks Gail, no condom did not break nor tear as of my knowledge. You could be right about the guilt and fear part i am scared as hell, today seemed a little better but the itches are more frequent in the night i assume it could be something but i will wait a week more and get the tests done for herpes because as per my research it might take 2-20 days to show up right?

Hi Gail, now it has been a 9 days. I have little fever, headaches now and then and rash and blisters on my hands. I still have little itch all over body. I do not really find any muscle pains or sore throat but i have a running nose and quite a bit of flum in throat. I am pretty scared do you think this could all be symptoms to any of the diseases i mentioned?

georgiagail replied to jack1986's response:
These are not connected to either HIV nor HSV.

Been into anything that might cause a rash such as poison ivy?

Gail

Thank you for the response Gail. And coming to your question, I did not run into anything that can cause rash or poison ivy. Today i had little fever and felt very weak. I was feeling very sleepy and dizzy. I did take an appointment at my doctor and taking Tylenol for this fever. I don't understand what this could be, i understand with the info i gave you it doesnt look like any of the infections but i am just too scared.

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.