Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Chronic yeast infections
An_251735 posted:
My wife and I have been battling yeast infections for quite some time. We both seem to get them virtually every time we have sex. We both treat the infections, become asymptomatic, have sex and it happens all over again. I have taken to wiping myself down with white vinegar after sex (not pleasant!) and often applying terbinafine. Sometimes I still get an infection afterward. She usually goes through a round of Monistat or equivalent. She has tried Myoconozole, Tioconozole, etc. We don't use condoms and my wife uses an IUD (though the problem existed long before she had it put in).
My understanding is that Yeast Infection is a misnomer. We all have yeast present and it is merely environmental changes that allow them to proliferate.
My wife and I are both vegetarian. We do consume a fair amount of sugar, but probably less than the average American. We are both 37 with no record of STDs.

Can anybody advise me on what we should do?

abe648 responded:
This is really not my type of specialty even though I am not a medical professional. I usually answer Herpes questions.

I presume you have been to your Doc to get both of you tested to make sure it is a yeast infection? If not that is the first thing you should be doing the next time it happens as it may be something else if you are self diagnosing the issue.

If you have been tested then I found this site which is more for females but you both may want try this to keep a better PH balance down yonder.

Do not click on this site as I found it does not take you to the correct site but infact copy and paste it into your browser.

http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/health-resources/health-information/resources/feature-article/probiotics-their-role-in-womens-health-(womens-health-matters-article )

This talks about using probiotics in yogurt which sounds like it is right up your alley.

Let me know if it works by giving me a reply by replying to this post? All you need to do is sign into your WebMD email account and go to your account and at the bottom of your account will be this post along with any others you have posted.

God Bless you both to find out what is causing this.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

georgiagail replied to Michael_in_Florida's response:
Junk Medicine.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.