Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

The Kissing Question
concerned49 posted:
Hello. I know I am a hypochondriac to some degree, and I am being treated for anxiety issues, but this is a legit question and concern of mine. Last week I met someone for the first time and we exchanged a few brief kisses that were very dry and closed mouthed, although he did attempt to touch tongues with me. I then discovered that this person is a drug addict ( I don't know what the drug is). I have no desire to see this person but now I worry that I may contract SOMETHING from this kiss.

A few days afterwards I have been having stomach pain when I swallow food in my upper right quadrant. Perhaps it has no connection....but is it possible to contract other diseases or viruses through kissing? I know that it is possible to contract MONO, so that I am aware. Since my stomach has been bothering me I have been concerned that I could have gotten H Pylori...the bacteria that infects the stomach.

Should I get screened for anything particular...and if so how long should I wait to get tested for anything.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.