Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

When was I Infected with HSV 2?
WaterUnicorn posted:
I had an Igg level of 3.62 to HSV 2 twenty days after possible exposure. Based on that level was it recent infection? I am trying to figure out if I was infected by the person I had sex with 20 days prior to my blood test, or by the person I slept with 3 months prior to my blood test. Also, my only noticable OB was two cold sores on my buttocks a week after I slept with the most recent partner.

elle0317 responded:
Numerical values are not an indication of how recent or not the infection is, they only confirm infection. I can tell you that the antibodies usually require 3 months to build up so that they register during the testing so 20 days would not be enough time. Unless your partner 3 months before the test was your first sexual encounter ever, you really don't have any way of knowing who gave it to you.

WaterUnicorn replied to elle0317's response:
Thank you Elle. Also, are lesions on the buttocks unlikely to be the result of a primary OB?

elle0317 replied to WaterUnicorn's response:
A genital outbreak can happen anywhere in the entire 'boxer short' area. The specific location is no indication of how long you've had it, in other words your first outbreak can be on your buttock or anywhere within that region.

abe648 replied to WaterUnicorn's response:
Ob's can occur anywhere in what is called the "boxes short" area which is anywhere a pair of boxer shorts will cover. At this point it would be hard to tell when you got HSV 2.

Some people have been married and faithful to each other and after 25-30 years they get an ob.

Look at the info in my signature line below.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.