Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Anybody have the same problem?
An_251873 posted:
Ok so for the past couple of months I've been having sex with this guy I really like. Come to find out I'm not the only girl he's been having sex with. And one day my vagina was itching and burning and I saw I had 1 bump, I was like ok whatever probably a yeast infection or uti I get them all the time. Then I started getting more bumps, not even pumps they were white patches that hurt so bad. So I went to the doctor and got checked, she said it looked like herpes but she diagnose me with tricomosas or however you spell that bacterial disease. Got tested for everything, it all came back negative. I had the bumps and everything for about 1 week so there's no way if I had herpes why would it come back negative. But I'm still having issues. It doesn't feel back to normal. The skin feels tender and everything. I'm afraid I do have herpes and just don't know it. And I've gone and gotten checked out multiple times...last doctor said nothing looked abnormal and didn't have any lesions and have me the 7 day treatment for a yeast infection and that didn't work. I can't live with this and whatever it is not knowing what it is!

abe648 responded:
OK so for how long has this been going on? Do you have the test results for your Herpes tests? If you have the results for an IgG blood test for HSV 1 & 2 please post the numeric values of these tests so someone can confirm your status for you. It does not sound like herpes. Herpes usually get blister type things that that after a few days they bcome water fluid like filled and then pop and the fluid that drains and then it heals. From what you describe does not sound like this. Can you be more descriptive of what is going on and for how long this has been happning.

We are here to help you as best as we can.

To learn more about herpes read the info in my signature line below.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

An_251873 replied to abe648's response:
I have had all tests done, every single one of them have came back negative. I've gone back to the doctor several times. I first started the symptoms in march and they have still been going on till this day. It's nothing like that first outbreak, I have no lesions or bumps. Some redness but I think that's irritation from wiping, it doesn't really itch it just doesn't feel normal, and the discharge is white and cottage cheese like. I looked it up and says to be a yeast infection so I got the azo pills to help for the symptoms and the 3 day monostat and I'm on day 3 now and it doesn't seem to be helping. I sometimes have sharp pains down there. I fear something is really wrong. I just wanna know what this could be cause obviously the doctors I'm going to dont know what the hell they are doing. By this rate I'm gonna end up in the hospital or never able to have children:(

morganpoo544 replied to abe648's response:
And also to be more descriptive of what I had...I looked at pictures of herpes it didn't look like that at all. They weren't bumps, there were just white patches and burned like hell when I went to the bathroom. They were all over I guess that's why the doctor said it looked like herpes. I treated for everything that day. But anyways she gave me herpes medicine and also bacterial medicine for my tric. It took all my lesions and stuff away but now it seems like I have a permanent yeast infection or they just don't know what's wrong with me

abe648 replied to morganpoo544's response:
From what you say it does sound like a yeast infection and I would go and see a GYN and see if they have some type of treatment bertter than OTC meds.

Also copy and paste this into your browser and this may be of interest for keeping a good balance of PH vaginally.

http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/health-resources/health-information/resources/feature-article/probiotics-their-role-in-womens-health-(womens-health-matters-article )

Let us know how things go. God bless you
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

You really think so? I honestly hope so. When I went back to the doctor the second time he gave me a 7 day insert like monastat and it didn't seem to work. I keep it clean, I don't douche, I use both a sensitive summers eve wash and dove non scented soap. I am very prone to yeast infections but now today it really red inside the lips and a little down further, vagina inside looks swollen but I'm not positive and like I said no really itchy at all just uncomfortable.

From what I have read on this site cottage cheese white discharge usually means a Yeast infection but I am not a medical professional. See what your doc has to say about what you are dealing with and try the thing I recommended to see if it helps.

If the "summers eve wash" is like a douche then stop using that as it will through your PH balance off azs well and give you problems from what I have read on here.

I wanna go to the doctor again but everytime I do they say nothing is wrong and the last time I went the receptionist said I was in there too many times and it made me mad..I wouldn't of had to go in there so much if they fixed what was wrong at least the first 2 times I was there.

Also It doesn't burn to pee but I do have muscle spasms in the pelvic lower abdomen area and I read that could be normal for a yeast infection or a uti.

Go and be seen by the Doc and tell that recpetionist that you have a problem and you need some help. We can only do so much to tell what we think it is on line but a Doc is the only one that can help you as they have the knowledge to help you. If you do not feel right down yonder then you need help. If the Doc says that they cannot see anything then ask to be referred to a GYN. Itt is your body that does not feel right and you have right to get proper help to figure out what is going on.
God Bles you and come back and tell us what happened so we can all learn from your problems.

ASPROSE replied to morganpoo544's response:
well thats the way mine started out... i just figured it was from female cleanser. and when it began to hurt badly a few days later i went in to the dr.(GYN) he took a culture. and drew blood. my blood just came back this week and it was negative. my culture came back positive. they said my blood came back neg. cuz the virus is new to me and it takes weeks before it will show up in my blood. but the culture was pos. and it is only a matter of time before it get to my blood. but him aparently he is the carrier. and his bloodwork came back pos. even tho they put me on those meds. it has cleared up the sores and what not. but it was so much drainage/discharge i had to use a panty liner.. but i am still real sore down there. i dont even use TP any more i use wet wipes. it helps... but to sit down. to have my pants on. everything hurts still.

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.