Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Telling the Partner
An_251905 posted:
So I have a question/need advice. I was currently dating a man and told him about what I have, his reaction was not the one I was looking for. I am now seeing a new man and starting to get to know him. Wondering what the best way to tell him about what I have and maybe helpful facts about herpes.

abe648 responded:
Go back about 2 pages or so there is a post called

telling % partners or smeothing like that and has a lot of good stories. Also search in this exchange under "Telling Partner" and you should get all knds of posts to read as well which will give you ideas as to how to tell a partner.

God Bless you.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

ASPROSE replied to abe648's response:
wish i had known about this before i told my partner... it took me like 5 hrs of us talking about everything under the sun for me to get up the nerve to tell him. and when i did it was horrible. his reaction was of like he just heard news there was a death in the fam(God for bid). but that was the look on his face and just sat down. and didnt say anything. i was mad, embarresed , shocked at the news myself. i was even embarressed to just have it come out of my mouth to tell him. but he knew that it had to come from him cuz it had been over 7 yrs since i had been with anyone and even then i was tested and everything was negative. so. not i think our friendship partnership is over. i have not talked to him since then. he has called me to aplogize. and how sorry he feeels for this. but thats it.

abe648 replied to ASPROSE's response:
ASPROSE I have read some of your posts and I know that you have been through a lot in your life. I want you to know that you are not alone and that there is someone who will love you for who you are and not what you have. If the two of you have been together for 7 years and you think that the guy is the one who will stand by you then why not give him a call and see if this relationship can be saved. Both of you now have the same virus so life can go on as it was except for your ob's.
If you think that it is over then move on with life and find someone who will love you for you are. There are guys who will love you and your son even with herpes. If they are not mature enough to see that you ae worth being loved then they are not the right person for you. You sound like you have had your provlems but look on the bright side you have a son and there are many women who would like to have a son or daughterr but cannot get pregnant. Smile and the world smiles with you. Cry and you cry alone. I hope that you chose to SMILE. If you have any questions then please ask them. There is no question that is to personal to ask. If you do not ask you will not know. Click on the Tiger and read the Herpes Transmission rate Female to Male. It is really low. It helps if you are on some type of suppressive therapy. GOD Bless you as you move forward with you life.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

ASPROSE replied to abe648's response:
well thank you for your kind words. but at the same time i dont know what is going on with me and him. im affraid to ask to be honest. i know he feels horrible about this and i think he is embarressed also. i think that is why he has not actually talked to me. i dont know. and me personaly i dont know how i can be with anyone else. with knowing that i have this. even if they dont mind being with me. i just feel contaminated.. idk. sound silly maybe but thats the way i feel.

abe648 replied to ASPROSE's response:
If you care for him and from what I read in your post then give him a call. You both now have herpes and if you still love him then give him a cal and get back together with hhim and see if you can get together again and move on from here. Life still goes on and you can mend your relationthip if you want to and move forward togther.

If you cannot see him in your life any more than OK move on and find someone who will love you for who you are and not what you have. Many men will love you if you just are up fromt with them and put in a positvie light. The risk for you giving it to a male partner is very low as noted when you click on the Tiger. The stats are there and low if you are on suppressive therapy. It will be up to any partner to decide if they want to use a condom or not. A condom only changes the risk by 1% so it is not a big deal

Finally have you ever dealt with the pain of being attched by three men. If not then I urge you to go and see a counselor and if you cannot afford that then go to a group tthat supports those who have been attached and will help you to move passed that issue in your life.

Once you have decided which way you will go then come back and let us know how things went and we will subbprt you either way.

I do not know why God allowed this to happen to you but know that he loves you always. Perhaps he allowed this so you can help others who have been throgh things like you have. God Bless you

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.