Skip to content
Urethral/urinary tract infection with healthy partner?
An_251914 posted:
After having unprotected sex with someone I know well and am confident is healthy, as was I, a day or two later I noticed an itching in my urethra along with occasional white discharge that isn't semen. This is the second time I have had this condition; the first time was a few years ago following sex with a different partner, it turned out to be an unnamed (not chlamydia or gonorrhea) bacterial infection and was promptly cured by doxycycline.

During the sex this time, my female partner was on top (I am male). Following my ejaculation she did not 'dismount' for at least 15 minutes. Is it possible that my own semen and/or her sexual fluids entered or re-entered my urethra and caused the infection? Can I get a urethral infection that way if my partner was 100% healthy?
georgiagail responded:
The vaginal tract is not a sterile environment. It contains both yeast and bacteria. It is, in theory, possible to transfer both to you through the method you describe.


Helpful Tips

how do you feel towards the ONE WHO GAVE YOU HERPES
Did you know that 90% of people living with Herpes, DON'T KNOW THEY HAVE IT . Thats a big number. So you just found out you have Herpes, ... More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 53 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.