Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Had unprotected sex w/ Transvestitie, kind of paranoid
OmegaBlack posted:
Hi, I usually always wear a condom when having sex, but this time I didn't have one and I don't know what happened, but my biological sexual drive took over. It wasn't until after that I really regret it and felt disgusted. It was with a transvestite (please do not bash me with ignorant or hateful comments, we are all humans and have our flaws).

This happened to me in 2011 when I had sex with a black biological female and I was really paranoid because I didn't wear a condom. I got tested and was totally FREE of ANY diseases.

This time it was with a transvestite who was Hispanic and appeared to be healthy (I Know that can be deceiving).

I had the sex maybe 1 week ago, and now I am having like allergy symptoms (head congestion, runny nose, eyes puffy), but it makes me paranoid that I might have got something.

I know, I know, no one an KNOW anything until I get tested again but I'm nervous and I work-out and TAKE really GOOD care of myself, another reason why I feel so stupid that I could be throwing it all away for one "fun" time of unprotected sex. I literally have only done this about 2-3 times and maybe had sex 10-20 times PROTECTED.

Can anyone offer me some tips or advice? I looked up HIV symptoms and they say a flu after 1 month or sometimes people don't experience symptoms....

It doesn't have to be HIV though right? Like, could I have gotten something else or nothing?

I don't have any rash or itching on my penis or ANYTHING, just weird allergy symptoms WHICH may be allergies but I'm just freaking out now.

Please help me out if you can and do not judge me negatively....

georgiagail responded:
Your posting is a bit confusing but if you are asking if these symptoms have anything to do with HIV, it is unlikely.

The first stage of HIV (called ARS) occurs 2 to 6 weeks after transmission and are described as "flu like" in nature.

If you remain concerned, the recommended time period for testing is 90 days after the event.

These symptoms are also not connected with any other STD.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.