HPV + HPV = Cancer?
An_251982 posted:
Hi, I hope I am posting this int he right spot. New to this site not familiar with it yet. I am a carrier of HPV (warts) and this last girl I was with never told me she was a carrier as well. Now in the beginning we always had protected but but one night she said it was ok and we started having unprotected sex. I know, stupid, but I figure that she may have had the shots to prevent it and never told me or some other reason. We go into a little fight later on stopped talking then started talking again recently, like this was a period of 4 months or so of not talking. She told me that she had cervical cancer and that it was HPV related. I felt so bad. Still do. But we started talking about getting back together and she told me that she had HPV either from her ex before me or from someone else before. Had I known I wouldve done more research. But we think the my strand of HPV and hers may have caused her cells to go abnormal and get cervical cancer. Im just wondering if that is possible, and whats the risk of it happening again if we did use protection. I dont want to be anymore of a danger to her health than what I already may have caused. Im also thinking that maybe since shes had it before I met her, that maybe the cancer finally decided to pop up.

Anon_2000 responded:
Duplicate post and Gail answered the other post.