Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

My girlfriend has type 2 herpes. Is it ok to perform oral sex. I have type 1.
hilotc posted:
Aloha,
My girlfriend has type 2 herpes. It is my understanding that it is safe for me to give her oral sex because I have type 1 and have antibodies already.
Is there some research to back this up?
Mahalo,

abe648 responded:
There is nothing to back this up but she allready has HSV 2 so she has herpes antibodies in her body. It would be safe to give her oral sex.

Are you having sex with her as well and if so do you have any questions about this?
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

abe648 responded:
It has been a while since I dealt with your issue and so there is a small chance of you getting HSV2 Orally but the risk is low and the odds of you getting HSV 2 is only 3% and even if you got it orally your first ob would be the worst and then HSV 2 orally does not have a lot of ob's. if you have HSV 1 then the fact that you have herpes antibodies from that would also help you from getting it orally. So although there is a chance that you could get it orally the risk is low.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

hilotc replied to abe648's response:
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
We are currently having sex and using a condom. It is something new for both of us. No questions however, any insight you may have would be appreciated.
Aloha,

hilotc replied to abe648's response:
I am also wondering what my chances are to have HSV2. I had multiple lovers when I was young.

If the cells shed in the Boxer area... what good does using a condom do?

If I were to get HSV2 by giving her oral... would it show in my mouth? Like HSV1 I already have? I get outbreaks about once a year. It is more of a small annoyance actually.....

Aloha,

abe648 replied to hilotc's response:
Ok so you may want to click on the Tiger and read the rate of transmission from Fmale to Male it is quite low if your GF is taking suppressive thearpy daily. Using a condom only gives you a 1% difference from not using a condom. When it comes to what your chances of having HSV 2 you may want to get a type specifc IgG blodd test for HSV 2 and post the resultts on here so someone can confirm your status. The reason why we talk about the boxer short area is that is the area where you can shed as that is the area that the nerves service that area of the body and the virus is in the nere endings. The The reason to use a condom if you decide you want to is to decrease your risk as this help in to cut down your chances of getting it on your penis. Like said it only decreases your chances by 1% Because you hve HSV 1 allready you have the antibodies in you already which may give you less chances of getting HSV 2 orally. If you did get it orally it would be on usually your lip. But you allready have HsV 1 and that helps to decrease your risk to get HSV 2 orally. I would recommend that yo9u get Terri Warrren's book as per my signature line below.

Helpful Tips

genital warts remedy?
had the genital wart problem before but i'm free from it now (still use protection, though because HPV is there forever). so anyway, i ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.