Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Newly diagnosed HSV2
sunshine_girl posted:
I have not received my labs back yet but am all but positive I have HSV2. About 5 days ago a sore showed up on the inside of my vagina. It is extremely painful and kinda resembles a blister. It hasn't gotten much better, but 2 days ago went to the OB and she prescribed Valtrex and a cream, both used to treat genital herpes. The closer I get to receiving my results the more sure I am. There is just nothing else it could be. I have no idea how I contracted this. I am in a realtionship that has been going on for 3 months now, and it is pretty serious. I am terrified to tell him in fear I will lose him. I know I have to, I just want to wait for my results. In the meantime I have to keep coming up with excuses not to have sex. Honestly, I have this feeling that my life is over. This is a totally shock. I don't feel like I have anyone to talk to that will understand. I'm so lost.

abe648 responded:
So first things first. Before you tell him you need to know for sure that you have HSV 2 genitally.
Ask for a copy of the numeric test results and post them on here so someone can confirm your status. All we need is the numeric values for each type of HSV.

Once you know then you can tell him. Search in the top of this site under "Telling Partner" for all kinds of post that have a lot of info on hwo to tell a partner.

If you do in fact have it then he shiould get a type specific IgG blood test to see what his status is. Get him to ask for a copy of his test results so someone can confirm his status like yourself.

Read the info in my signature line below.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

ASPROSE responded:
was with a man for the past 6 mo. and even tho we used protection. the one time it broke. i found the same a lil bump a blister followed by pain a whole lot of pain. i went to the dr when it didtn clear up and the same day i went to him and told him that it could poss be this virus. i was so embarrassed. but at the same time i had not been with anyone since '06. until him. he had recently got out of a relationship. like 2 mo before we started dating. he was devastated. at the news i told him i could be wrong but the dr was sure. but i wont know till the results of the culture and blood test come back the following week. the dr told me that he was the carrier. with no symptoms. he may have got it from his ex. and had it dormate until we got together. he never knew he had it. i feel you on that part. you feel totally alone. gross... contaminated... but me i would be honest with him. even before you get the results. so he can get tested also. i have gone my whole life without getting any diseases. even when i was raped 3x in my life. have my son because of the last rape. but still no diseases. and i also feel like my life is over. my friend does not understand how i feel either. because for him he is a carrier and all he has to do is wear protection and no one will ever know but him. but me i have symptoms that i cannot hide and feel i can not be with anyone anymore. well he just got his results back and he tested possitive.

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.