Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Hsv igg test results
An_252047 posted:
I recently went and had a screening for stds and blood tests for hiv and herpes... I was confused and worried about my hsv igg results ..the results were 0.06(result) <0.90(range) what does that mean?

georgiagail responded:
That means you are negative for the antibodies for this virus. In other words, you are not infected with this particular strain of HSV.

Gail

An_252047 replied to georgiagail's response:
Does anyone ever have a 0.00 hsv 2 igg test result or is it Common to a 0.06 test result ..

georgiagail replied to An_252047's response:
Any reading below the 0.90 range is considered to be a negative result; in other words, one does not carry this virus.

Gail

ASPROSE replied to georgiagail's response:
thats not true. my dr said that it could take up to 3-6 weeks for it to show up in your blood. my blood test came back negative. but my cultures cam e back positive. but i know that thats what it was before his even came back positive. just because of the cultures. but then when he got his results. his was positive.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.