Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

just been told I have herpes
Confusednscared posted:
I went to the ER and with what I thought was an untreated yeast infection. I have white sores in my genital region and didn't think anything much of it.

When they took a culture they came back and said that I had Candidal Vulvovaginitis and Herpes Labialis. They just told me I had herpes (not which kind even when I asked) and said I will always have it. The nurse was not very kind to me and acted weirdly.

This has gotten me upset. I have been to the OBGYN last year and they did a pap smear and it came back okay. I have had a yeast infection (recurring) for quite some time and I am also a diabetic. I also get frequent cold sores. I have had only one sexual partner and he is clean (of course he is going to get tested).

I am scared...confused...and have a gambit of emotions of what is going on. I don't even know what type of herpes I have although it seems at this stage it doesn't matter.

sorry for the rant I just have noone to talk to.

abe648 responded:
Ok so from what you said it sounds like the ER did a poor job of figuring out what you have. If it is herpes then call the ER back and and ask them to type it if it is still possible. If they tell you it is to late then the next thing you can do is get a type specific IgG blood test for HSV 1 & 2. You should come back positive for HSV 1 for sure as you said you get ob's on your mouth. If you get tested ask for a copy of the numeric test results and post them on here so someone can confirm your status for you.

Get your partner to get a copy of his tests as well and also put them on here so we can help both of you to confirm where you go from here.

Herpes is very common and you are not alone. 1 in 4 women and 1 in 5 men have herpes so that is a lot of people.

Read the info as per my signature line below and ask any questions that you may have so I can help the two of you move forward in your life.

God Bless the two of you.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

NdInfo89 responded:
I think you should try going to another doctor or clinic or hospital because the one you went to doesn't sound very helpful. You said you got cold sores so it sounds as though you may have HSV1 which is the type that usually infects the mouth area although not always. Also the white, clear sores sound like a symptom of HSV2. The only way to know for sure is to go to the doctor and get a blood test done and get tested for all possible STDs. Please go back to another doctor one you can feel like you can trust as soon as possible.

Confusednscared replied to abe648's response:
I went to the hospital to pick up my records for the other day and this is what it states...

Lab Results (Non Micro)
Culture HSV
Specimen source - Vaginal
Final Result
Herpes simplex DNA detected, type indeterminate. This assay
detects herpes simplex virus DNA that cannot be
differentiated as herpes simplex type I and herpes simplex
type II genotype (indeterminate).

Now this doesn't tell me anything? I have been told by a few people to get retested. I am looking into doing that but not sure if blood work will show anything or if they have to take another cultural sample. And to top it all off my menstrual cycle started on top of all this....makes for one miserable time.

I am starting to somewhat accept it all (I guess I have no choice) but still can't believe it.

Confusednscared replied to NdInfo89's response:
I have decided to get tested again along with my husband. The lab results from the hospital didn't tell me anymore than I already knew...said the DNA for herpes was there but could not determine the type. I hate this particular hospital because they mess up all the time and many of the nurses are rude and ignorant towards the patients.

abe648 replied to Confusednscared's response:
Make sure that you get type specific IgG blood test for HSV 1 & 2 and ask for a copy of the numeric test results and post them on here so someone can confirm your test results. Do the same for your husband. This is the test you need to give you the proper answer so you know for sure ff yo do or do not have GHSV 2 and the same for your husband.

God Bless you.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

how do you feel towards the ONE WHO GAVE YOU HERPES
Did you know that 90% of people living with Herpes, DON'T KNOW THEY HAVE IT . Thats a big number. So you just found out you have Herpes, ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 47 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.