Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

after being tested for every STD
alexB_09 posted:
A friend of mine got swabbed, urine sample, blood taken, etc.. to be tested for every STD supposedly.. they told me they signed papers while they were there so that the only way they can get results is by phone.. then they told me they got a letter that stated "acceptable values were reported on your recent test(s)" but they dont know what that means.. then the next day, they got a phone call from some other clinic, not where they got tested, but this clinic said for him to 'come in the next day to get some free medicine' .... i asked my friend if their doctor was going to be there and they said no.. to me this doesnt sound right at all.. and whats with saying 'come get some free medicine' ? what the letter stated, is that a good thing or bad thing? and telling them over the phone to come get 'free medicine' ? if my friend signed these papers to be told face to face the results, why would they send this letter and then give him a phone call to go to some other clinic to get free medicine? and they werent told what this medicine was for? is any of this strange to anyone else? i tried talking to my friend about it but its not an easy subject to talk about, but im just trying to find some answers here.. i know they will find out once they go to this clinic and speak to someone there, but i found it rather strange about the letter, n free medicine.. i kno its not something people want to talk about, but has anyone else got tested, with good or bad results, ever get a letter like that? or i guess i can say an 'invite' for some 'free medicine' ? its all rather odd to me.. thanks to anyone who replies much appreciated..

-a

alexB_09 responded:
want to correct myself, they signed papers to ONLY get results face to face*** my mistake.

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.