Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

String / Vein Like Lump on Penile Shaft
An_252156 posted:
Hi, I recently had protected sex with a women whom has multiple partners (recently being 7-8 weeks ago) during which the condom slipped off for a brief moment and the intercourse then ceased immediately. But there was a brief moment of unprotected penetration.

I have noticed a string / vein like lump on my penile shaft. It became present about a week or slightly less than after the intercourse mentioned above. I did masturbate between the time of intercourse and the lump showing up and I do on a normal basis. Also it seems like the lump mentioned has slightly moved location, it is under the foreskin. How concerned should I be? Does this sound like it could be anything to worry about? I am getting pretty stressed over the situation. No other symptoms have shown, no pain, burning discharge of any kind. Just the one vein like bump.

I can post pictures if it would assist in providing an answer.

Thanks

abe648 responded:
This sounds like something that you would get on your penis even if you did not have sex. I would recommend that you go and be seen by a Doc to confirm what is going on for proper evaluation. That way you get the best answers and do know what is going on.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

An_252156 replied to abe648's response:
Thanks for your response, I am definitely going to get checked. I needed to post something and get my thoughts out there and some valued opinions back for my piece of mind and easement of some pretty chronic anxiety. I'm not the most casually involved person when it comes to sexual relations, not even close. And I do realize it was a mistake but can't change it now.

Do you know of any STD's or STI's that are accompanied by such a symptom? As I said it feels like a callused raised vein but at the very top there is a round feeling bump a little smaller than a BB, and also completely under the skin. Maybe just a thrombosed vein?

And one last question; do you suggest I refrain from any sort of sexual acts such as masturbation?

Thanks for your help.

289289 responded:
About three years ago I noticed a small lump on the head of my penis and went to see my doctor. He referred me to a urologist who could not feel the lump on my penis. He assured me there was nothing to worry about.

Over a period of time the lump migrated from the tip of my penis to midways my penis where it stopped. I went back to my doctor for him to see the lump had moved to midways my penis and that's when I was told the problem is called Peyrones. My penis now has a slight curve (when erect) where the lump (calcium) is. There are no cures and the surgical risk isn't worth it.

My penis is now 1/2 inch shorter but my wife says "I still rock her world!"

Me2785 replied to 289289's response:
Thanks for the answer and sharing that with me, sounds pretty similar to be honest with you, REALLY similar. I'll still get a check up in a couple of weeks just to be sure that the right time frame has passed to detect an issue if present.

Was your lump string or vein like or was it a single bump?

Mine was originally horizontally, underneath the head of my penis at first (same length - about 1/4" maybe max) then moved to the left side going down the shaft vertically. It is really not that large at all as far as raised above the skin, I am the only one who'd notice (my penis of course I would) I really hope that is the case.

Do you think I could somewhat put my mind at ease until my testing? I really have some increased anxiety at the moment that is affect my professional and personal performance.

Also, being that it has been 7-8 weeks, if it were something do you think I would more than likely have other signs and symptoms associated besides this one lump (i.e. pain, discharge, burning, swelling etc.) Now I know that it is not the case with all STI's and STD's but Most Likely?

And would anybody know the contraction statistics based on such a brief exposure if, say, for saving grace we assume this was a STI/D positive individual?

Thanks again, I appreciate the feedback.

abe648 replied to Me2785's response:
The best thing is to go and get this checked out. It could be something mild or major and only a Doc can tell yo for sure.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.