Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Genital Warts?
An_252309 posted:
My boyfriend has had a few purpleish bumps on his penis for about 7 or 8 years. They haven't went away and come back, they just appeared and stayed. They haven't really changed any. And don't cause any discomfort except embarrassment. He is uncircumcised and diabetic if that makes a difference. Any ideas?

He went to his PCP a couple of years ago and all they did was glance at it, say they are warts, prescribed a cream, and sent him on his way.

I want him to go to another doctor but he is embarassed. Any help is appreciated.
georgiagail responded:
He seems to already have gotten a diagnosis. One can have warts pretty much anywhere on the body.

Who do they embarrass?

CM400 responded:
I would go to a dermatologist or STD specialist and insist on having them biopsied. I'm not trying to be hard on the medical community, but the visual diagnosis of warts in less than perfect.

For instance, I was extremely worried about a lesion on my penis and had it looked at 3 different medical facilites. Two of them were STD clinics who said it wasn't an STD. After finally getting to see a dermatologist he said it was a genital wart caused by HPV. I insisted that he have it biopsied because of the inconsistency. The results came back as.. "Benign, normal skin growth NOT consistant with a wart". This is the best they can do, but is still not 100% accurate (nothing is in medicine).

Good luck and remember, even if they are warts it's not the end of the world. At the end of the day... It's just a minor skin issue that rarely causes anything more than slight embarrassment

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.