Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Shingles or Herpes?
AJ1010 posted:
Hi, I recently got a sensual hot stone massage which ended with masturbation (no sexual acts whatsoever). I was nude while the massager was completely clothed. we used oil and was given a spice bath right after. Straight away when i got home i have an itch in my back and genital area. A few days after i developed rashes on my back, down to my outer thigh and an itch in my genital area (above my penis in the skin area). I went to a skin doctor and he immediately diagnosed me with Herpes Zoster or Shingles (Purely through visual, no tests). I also showed him the itch in my genital area (1 small red circle). I was given herclov and was told to return in a week. But i have been researching on shingles and found out that if the rashes are below the waist mainly within the boxer area it is genital herpes not shingles. I am confused. is it Shingles or Genital Herpes? Can i have contracted genherpes through masturbation? or can shingles appear below the waist?

AJ1010 responded:
Sorry to clear up, No sexual acts as in no intercourse, oral or anal. only a handjob by the masseuse

elle0317 responded:
No, shingles is caused by herpes zoster, not the herpes simplex virus that causes cold-sores or genital herpes. If you've had the chicken pox you are at risk of developing shingles later in life. Shingles can appear anywhere on the body.

Helpful Tips

Std
Hello, i realy don't want to say my name but im shure you know who i am ,my problem is im a gay 41yr old man my ex boyfriend gave me an ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.