Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

hot tub with HSV1
dumndummer posted:
can I have sex in a hot tub with HSV1 ?

abe648 responded:
Is it HsV 1 genitally? Is this your hot tub or a common hot tub that others will be using?
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

dumndummer replied to abe648's response:
yes it is HSV 1 genitally . It would be a hot tub at someones home not a public one .

I've had HSV 1 genitally for about 7 years and the only outbreak i've had was when I received this lovely gift.... It really doesn't feel like I have it at all. Which really stinks cause I could be having a life with a guy,,, instead I tell potential mates and out the door they go...........

abe648 replied to dumndummer's response:
I am not a medical professional and can only advise you from what I have learned on this site.

Yes you can have sex in the hot tub as long as it is only with your partner whom I assume he knows you have HSV 1 genitally. For two reasons. 1)HSV 1 or 2 is an STD so you have to be sexually active to transmitt the virus to others. 2) Most people who have a hot tub usually keep there hot tub treated with chlorine which will kill anything possible that could be transmitted.

The other thing you need to know is that you stilll can get HSV 2 from someone else who has HSV 2. So you may want to get your current partner or any new partner tested for HSV 2 so that you know there status and to confirm that they do not havve HSV 2 and if they do then you can decide if you want to take the risk and be intimate with them. It is also a good idea to get tested for all ST'S before you become sexually active as there is all kinds of STI'S that people can have.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

treelinetrekker replied to abe648's response:
Assume this discussion is regarding unprotected intercourse in a hot tub. Protected intercourse would pose the same risks in a hot tub as out.

abe648 replied to treelinetrekker's response:
Protected sex would be the same no matter where you have protected sex. The risk for HSV 1 is low to be transmktted when using a condom.

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.