Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

help! had sex when outbreak was present
townsend4408 posted:
Hello,

I have HSV2 and did not realize I had a sore present when I had sex. I have been taking acyclovir and we do not use condoms. I did speak with Dr. Warren and asked if it was invetible that I have passed this on to my partner. Because we have been together a while and I'm on suppression medication, she did give me hope. I do wonder though - is there a percentage number regarding the rate of transmission if you have sex during an outbreak? I think I probably asked her this, but I was very upset and don't know if I asked.

I also wonder: If he is going to get it, would it be helpful to go ahead and give him medication to make the outbreak less severe? Is there any harm in taking the medication if you do not have herpes? I would give him my medication. (I realize this isn't 100% legal, but I have greater concerns.) We had sex Wednesday night. The waiting is killing us both and, unfortunately, I think this is the end of our relationship. I am just wanting to do whatever I can to make it better for him, so I'm grasping at straws. Give him my medication to take as if he will have an outbreak in the hopes of making it less severe or wait to see if he gets one?

abe648 responded:
Dupllcate post
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.