Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

help! had sex when outbreak was present
townsend4408 posted:
Hello,

I have HSV2 and did not realize I had a sore present when I had sex. I have been taking acyclovir and we do not use condoms. I did speak with Dr. Warren and asked if it was invetible that I have passed this on to my partner. Because we have been together a while and I'm on suppression medication, she did give me hope. I do wonder though - is there a percentage number regarding the rate of transmission if you have sex during an outbreak? I think I probably asked her this, but I was very upset and don't know if I asked.

I also wonder: If he is going to get it, would it be helpful to go ahead and give him medication to make the outbreak less severe? Is there any harm in taking the medication if you do not have herpes? I would give him my medication. (I realize this isn't 100% legal, but I have greater concerns.) We had sex Wednesday night. The waiting is killing us both and, unfortunately, I think this is the end of our relationship. I am just wanting to do whatever I can to make it better for him, so I'm grasping at straws. Give him my medication to take as if he will have an outbreak in the hopes of making it less severe or wait to see if he gets one?

abe648 responded:
First of all you talked to Terri Warren and she is the leading person when it comes to HSV 2.

He may or may not get it. All you can do now is wait and see and then he should get tested for herrpes in about 8 weeks with a type specific IgG blood test for HSV 1 & 2 and ask for a copy of his numeric test results and post them on here in this same post so someone can confirm his status for you.

If you were well lubed when you had sex then that would be in your favor as the more lubed you are down yonder the less chance of him getting it.

Also if he really cares for you then he will be there for you regardless of which way it goes. Move and tell him that all you can do is wait and see. If it gives you any hope I would recommend that you click on the Tiger and in there is the rate off transmission if you are on supppressive therapy but it does not give you the rate if you had an ob.

There is a lot of info when you click on the Tiger so do that and if you have nay questions come back and ask them so we can help you further.

God Bless both of you
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

townsend4408 replied to abe648's response:
Thank you, Abe. I wish I could remember how well lubed I was. It had been a while since we had been together, so it was pretty quick. Maybe that is in our favor, too? Dr. Warren did tell me it is possible, since I am on suppressive therapy, the sore would have had less active virus in it. She also said since we have been together a while, he could have built up some antibodies.

Any idea on the taking medication early to lessen the severity of a potential primary outbreak before it occurs? I had asked her if he took it within 24 hours, could that prevent it. Unfortunately, her anwer was no.

I am kicking myself for being so stupid! I didn't feel anything and actually looked earlier that day and didn't see anything. It was hidden in a folded area. This is the worst part about this virus. Idon't give a sh@t about me having it. I just can't stand knowing I may have passed it on to the man I love. Now he is scared, wondering how is life is going to change, not happy with me, and waiting....

Dr. Warren said an outbreak would occur within 2 - 14 days if it is going to happen. I have also read 2 - 21 days. I like Dr. Warren's timeline better.

townsend4408 replied to townsend4408's response:
OMG! This is crazy! I just looked at the same spot where the sore had been. It had cleared up since Wednesday, in fact it was gone by Saturday. I was looking, still wondering how I missed this area the other day. I then decided to pull on the skin there and it split apart and looks just like it did the other night, minus white. I did have a little blood on the sheet after sex. I think it may have just been a tear! The white would be what you'd see after you get a scrape. If I didn't see it split like this with just me pulling at it, I wouldn't have believed it.

I realize, I could be getting overly excited, but maybe it wasn't a sore. This would explain why I hadn't seen or felt anything. Oh, my gosh, I'm going to keep praying this is what it was.

Thank you again, Abe. You are a great support to so many.

abe648 replied to townsend4408's response:
At this point worrying about it will not help you so RELAX and put it in God's Hand's and let him take care of it. What will be will be and there is nothing you can do to change that. It will all work out for the best. Does this guy love you? He know you had HSV 2 and so he is responsible to take care of things as well if he does not want it so d0 not let him lay the guilt trip on you as he wasa willing participant and all you can do now is wait and Pray.

If he loves you then he will be there for you and shoulf be supporting you. I know that you did not want to be in this position but that is part of life and you have to explain to him that he either loves you the way you are or he can move on. There are others who will love you for who you are and not what you have and will be prepared to be with you even though you have HSV 2. Don't blame yourself for this happening as this is not the first time it happened and and it will not be the last. Love yourself and do not blame yourself. Did you click on the Tiger and read how long I have had HSV 2 and my wife still does not have HSV 2.

So take in a deep BREATHe and RELAX. God Bless the two of you.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.