Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

pelvic inflammatory disease
gouldtrey posted:
can i get sick if i was with a girl with PID?

georgiagail responded:
If the PID is caused by an STD, (and the female partner remains infected with this particular STD) it is possible she can transmit this to you through unprotected intercourse.

Gail

gouldtrey replied to georgiagail's response:
She has no STD's. she contracted through bacteria. so am i safe from infection from her PID? everything i researched said i should seek treatment. But if i cant get sick from PID why do i need treatment? what type of treatment am i supposed to get? regular STD screening?

georgiagail replied to gouldtrey's response:
Did she get treated for this bacterial infection BEFORE you engaged in unprotected sexual contact with her?

STD screening would be totally useless for you since your partner did not have an actual STD.

Gail

gouldtrey replied to georgiagail's response:
I had sex with her over the weekend. She started getting sick in the middle of the night monday night tuesday morning. She was hospitalized tuesday afternoon. She stayed in hospital for 5 days. we had sex about 4 days after she got out of hospital but she isnt anywhere near finished with her antibiotics. but i feel fine. no symptoms of any kind. am i ok?

georgiagail replied to gouldtrey's response:
How would we know this? One typically has to finish the entire round of antibiotics to be cleared of a bacterial infection. Did she have enough bacteria remaining in her system to pass this onto you during the unprotected sexual encounter(s). We have no way of knowing this.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.