Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HERPES SYMPTOMS AND MISUNDERSTANDING, PLEASE HELP!!!!!
jackfrost27 posted:
I dont understand why its said that everyones body is different when it comes to herpes symptoms. Because with other viruses like the flue the symptoms are the same for everyone, thats how u no its the flue and not just a could! (Right or Wrong?) When you have herpes, its said that it works through the nerves so the symptoms linked to the nerves are the ones im thinking should be the same....ITCHING, TINGLING AND PAINFUL ULCERS, BLISTERS AND SORES! I understand the flue like symptoms may be different because thats the body fighting against it and some peoples bodies are strong or weaker than others but i would think that it wouldnt be to different because i thought that thats just how the body works, unless u have an illness or ur taking meds that keeps it from happening. Please help me understand?

georgiagail responded:
People respond differently to diseases, including by the way, the flu. There is a great variation in the responses to infectious diseases.

Gail

abe648 responded:
Jack have you gone and gotten a new type specific IgG blood test for HSV 1 & 2 yet? If so could you please post your numeric test results so someone can confirm your status for you.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

jackfrost27 replied to abe648's response:
yes i went today so ill no in a week, but im asking these questions for me than just me, i feel they are very general specific questions that will be useful for worried people that i don see being asked but as everyone can see i was tested at 7 to 8 weeks with the type specific igg blood test and the results were .67 negative!

abe648 replied to jackfrost27's response:
Jack could you put all your questions in just one post. I think I have about 3 different threads where you ask similair questions .... It is best if you keep all your questions and querries in one thread and do not start different threads. That way someone can look at the thread you decide to use and can look at all your posts and then answer your questions. It is just easier for those who answer to have every thing in one thread.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

jackfrost27 replied to abe648's response:
TEST RESULTS
HSV 1 - 5.00
HSV 2 - .21

I have never had an out break that looks like herpes pic u might see on line, the most i have had was the itching and tingling a day maybe 2 before and than a hard bump that last a day or 2 that itches and tingles, i have been with the same girl for 13 years and she has never had this happen, and to be honest before all this happened i didnt know it was herpes, i just thought it happened when i got a cold or from licking my lips to much!..............

SO MY MESSAGE TO PEOPLE IS TO GO GET TESTED FOR HSV 1 AND 2 JUST BECAUSE, EVEN IF U HAVE KNOW SYMPTOMS OR NEVER HAD ANY OR THINK U MIGHT HAVE HAD THEM OR IF U THINK U HAVE THEM.......JUST DO IT, NO UR STATUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

abe648 replied to jackfrost27's response:
You are positive for HSV 1 and negative for HSV 2.

Helpful Tips

genital herpes
just want somebody else out there that i could talk to i have had herpes for 8 years and i have some questions, if someone would please ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.