Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Herpes.. to be or not to be???
quest09 posted:
I was diagnosed with herpes about a year ago. Since then I've only had maybe 1 or 2 outbreaks. They never crust over, while present they don't even look like typical outbreaks I've seen or read descriptions for. Just recently after my period I noticed a bump on my inner labia, I went to the doctor same day. She swabbed, did a microscopic test and says she noticed no abnormalities whatsoever. She also performed a vaginal exam and noticed nothing wrong. I also did a blood test again and am waiting for the results. There's no pain maybe a slight itch and only feels bothered when the area is affected by movement, but that does not hurt. I just want answers I'm only 19 and don't want to be affected for the rest of my life by a misdiagnosis.

abe648 responded:
How where you first diagnosed with Herpes? If it was not swab/cultured and typed and only done as a visual diagnoses then the diagnosis of Genital Hewreps may be inaccurate.

What you describe does not sound like Herpes. When you are told what the results are then ask for a copy of the results and post the numeric test results here so someone can help you confirm your status. You should have been tested with a "type specific IgG Blood test for HSV 1 & 2. Those are the numeric results that we need to help you figure out your status. If it is an IgM blood test ignore this test as it is out of date and should not have been used to test you as it is not an accurate test for HSV 1 & 2.

All we need is something like this HSv 1 is 3.25 and HSV 2 is 0.56 or what ever it says. Post your results back in this same thread.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

quest09 replied to abe648's response:
Okay I'm still waiting for the blood test results to come back, but they said they would only call if it's positive. Would they be able to give me the numerical results and all the details via phone? When she swabbed it the other day, she said it was negative, but I decided to go through with the blood test just to be more accurate and for other testing as well.

well it was HSV 2.. 4.06 which seems pretty high so I'm guessing that may be an accurate count? Pretty high compared to your example of 0.56

abe648 replied to quest09's response:
I am not amedical professional so I can only tel you what I have learned on line.

Yes it does sound like you have HSV 2. Wen you get anywhere around 4.00 to 5.00 you have HSV 2. You could retestt in a couple off weeks and most likely you will be higher.

At this time do you have any questions that we can answer? If you would like to know the chances of your transmitting this to a partner you can click on the Tiger and you will get the rate there as well as some other tips to help you.

Ask any question as there is nothing to personal. If you do not ask you willl not know the answer..

God Bless you as you move forward.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

I don't have many questions, I have done A LOT of research and I just know that I don't want to take any prescription medications for this. I know a lot of people have had luck with Oil of Oregano P73 and I'm going to try it out and see if I have any success. Thanks so much for your advice.

abe648 replied to quest09's response:
There is really no OTC remedy that will properly control HSV 2. If you get a lot of ob's then you can take a suppressive therapy to control your ob's. There are about 3 different R/x that will help to suppress the virus. And they range from quite reasonabl to a bit more costly with less to take for the same effect.

God Bless you as you move forward with your life.

Well, my research has led me to the decision of trying a natural remedy. Thanks for your help/advice!

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.