Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

just found i have hpv
An_252595 posted:
I am a 38 year women who has went for regular paps once a year. I have had two sex partners in the last 20 years. My first husband and my second husband who I have been with for six years. As I said I get regular paps once a year. My second husband told me that he was exposed to hpv prior to our relationship so everytime I got a pap smear I would ask about hpv. For the last five years they have been perfect. This year I have severe/moderate high risk hpv. My doctor told me that one of us has had sex with someone else in the last three years. I know it wasn't me. I consulted with my bf who is a nurse and has had experience with hpv and she said the same thing as the doctor. Both are saying my husband definitely cheated. I confronted him and he swears he never has but reminded me that he told me was exposed previous to our relationship. I don't know what to do. I can deal with the fact he cheated but I can't deal with him lying to me and denying it. Is there a chance that he is telling the truth and did not sleep with anyone else during our marriage? So confused when doctor is saying he did.

awesome52 responded:
Hope you get an answer. 5 years and I am still were you are. Medical field says he cheated, he says he didn't. Now I have hpv showing up on my paps after 33 years of supposedly faithful marriage.

CM400 responded:
It's definitely a tough situation. I am not in the medical field. However, I feel confident saying when it comes to HPV detection can be tricky. It isn't always the easiest to detect. I'm not saying that is the case, but just wanted to let you know that in my limited experience in dealing with this subject I can say that there is ambiguity in detection (from experience). I hope you find peace in your situation.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.