Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Reading a Quest HPV Test
An_252699 posted:
I just received my HPV IGG test from Quest, and I cannot interpret the results.

For both HPV1 and HPV2, all that is given is an "in range" number (.09 and .36, respectively).

"Out of range" is left blank for both.

The "reference range" says "index."

The index provides ranges with corresponding interpretations, but I have no idea of knowing what my test results were. Nowhere does it say "positive," "negative," or "equivocal."

abe648 responded:
HSV is what you mean not HPv correct? If both are .36 and are correc then you would not have HSV 1 or 2. It is odd that both are exexactly the samee so I would call the place that gave you the inff and them what it means and are both the same?

Ask for a copy of your numeric test resultss and post them on here once you get them.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

An_252668 responded:
Can you attach a photo or copy and paste directly (obviously remove any personable identifiable information first)?

It sounds like you're in the negative range... but thats just speculation based on your description. Did you open the results electronically with your browser, try adobe reader or Mac viewer (or open the file an alternate way than previously) as mayb this a

Sorry, I've never seen the Quest results format- just Labcorp. Maybe someone else can clear this up if you don't want to attach the results. The negative range is 0.00-0.91 for the LabCorp results.

Keep in mind it takes time for the virus antibodies to be detected by this test. Sometimes up to 12 months... but usually between 3-6 mos.

Good luck.

abe648 replied to An_252668's response:
It is against WebMD rules to post photo's on the site so go and get the results and post them here. Could you please confirm that you are talking aoout HSV?
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

jrr1987 replied to abe648's response:
Wow, yes. I don't know why I put HPV; my mind must have blanked.

It's .09 "in range" for HSV1 and .36 "in range" for HSV2. There are no entries for "out of range," and reference range just says "index." The index is <.90 negative, .9 - 1.1 equivocal, >1.1 positive.

What is the difference between "in range" and "out of range," in this case?

I will post the results here as soon as I can.

I got in touch with the doctor who took the test. She said it was negative for both, although she did not explain what "in range" and "out of range" mean.

abe648 replied to jrr1987's response:
.90 is the line between having herpes and not having it. So since you are at .90 then for now you ar negative for HSV 1 and definatly negative for HSV 2. From what I have learned on this site.

When is the llast time that you were sexually active? Was it 1 week ago, 1 month ago or 3 months? Give me the exact number of weeks or months as close as you know.

The Doc could have been a bit more helpful to describe what the points are when you are or are not positive or negative but I guess as most Doc's they are so busy they do not have time to andser such trivial questions.

An_252668 replied to abe648's response:
abe, it appears that jrr said .09 not 0.9

jrr...Please confirm as if you're at 0.9 you may want a follow up test later.

abe648 replied to An_252668's response:
.09 is better than .90 so it is still negative Sorry I read it wrong guess

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.