Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Hsv 1
An_252715 posted:
Hi It was last week that I got diagnosed with herpes type 1 I am pretty shocked cause I was with my partner for at least two years and we never had a problem! She didn't know that she has it so we never talked about it until recently that I noticed some sores on my private part so I went to the planned parent hood and the did the swab test and the results came out positive! I'm checking the Internet desperately and getting info from different sources but still have many questions! I understand that each person can develops it differently but is it true that if I have it on my gentile i am going to experience less outbreaks ! But my main concern is my mom! I live with her in the same house , she is cancer survivor and since my father past away last year she is experiencing a major depression:( and I don't know if I have to tell her or not! I think that's her right to know since i read that hsv1 , apparently, is very contagious ! Would u please some body give me an idea what to do?! And I really appreciate any information! Ps.

georgiagail responded:
There is no reason to tell your mother your status. First of all, keep in mind that most adults carry HSV1 already, although for many, it's in our oral cavity. Second (and I don't mean to sound crass) but I doubt that you're sexually active with your mother and thus there is absolutely no risk of passing this virus onto her through the act of simply living day to day with her.

Gail

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.