Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

syphiliis
An_252569 posted:
Hello. I am a virgin and last August I guess I had sexual contact with this boy I liked. He was basically only touching my breast by going under my shirt. we both had clothes on. And he gave me a peck on the lips. No tongue! I got test a couple of weeks ago to be safe. Most test came back negative but my syphilis test came back unsatisfactory and they told me to just get tested again. I'm scared now that I might have it from that one experience. I'm trying to think if he did anything else he tried to get down to my private areas through my pants but I stopped him if memory serves me well. In march I started feeling like i had breathing problems but doctors ruled it out as stress and anxiety. Also during that sexual contact he went to the bathroom i don't know what he was doing, i assume masturbating. who knows if he washed his hands. I have anxiety and I start putting things in my mind and thinking he did touch my down my private area. But I feel like I know I didn't allow that. Now I'm terrified I had to disease since August.

360Life responded:
Hi and welcome. Your risk for contracting from what your describe is non existant. Re test for sure

An_252569 replied to 360Life's response:
Okay thank you. Just to ask are you a healthcare professional? I know I have terrible anxiety. I finally told my mom about the situation and she couldn't understand why I wouldn't remember if he touched me down near my genitalia. I'm sure I didn't let him but since my anxiety puts ideas in my head I can't be sure. I'm just Afraid of dying since it happened in August and my breathing problem started in march. I did go to er to get X-ray and EKG. Everything normals. Saw a cardiologist and everything is normal. Sorry to bother you. I have a regular doctors appointment on Wednesday but I feel like it will take forever with my anxiety and what if the same results come back? Do I keep getting retested.

georgiagail replied to An_252569's response:
What took place did not place you at risk for syphilis transmission (even assuming your partner had this). Breathing problems are not connected with this STD but they can certainly be connected with anxiety.

And I am a health professional.

Gail

An_252569 replied to georgiagail's response:
Yeah I understand but if he did slip his hands down my pants after he went to the bathroom and had infected fluid on it that's what I'm concerned about. I have a fuzzy memory. I just can't think why the test would come back unsatisfactory. I'm afraid that I'm in the later stage of the disease since it almost been a year. Especially since I have reoccurring headaches and pressure in my ears and the breathing problem. My mind just keeps saying I have syphillis and I now have permanent damage.

An_252569 replied to 360Life's response:
Yeah I understand but if he did slip his hands down my pants after he went to the bathroom and had infected fluid on it that's what I'm concerned about. I have a fuzzy memory. I just can't think why the test would come back unsatisfactory. I'm afraid that I'm in the later stage of the disease since it almost been a year. Especially since I have reoccurring headaches and pressure in my ears and the breathing problem. My mind just keeps saying I have syphillis and I now have permanent damage.

georgiagail replied to An_252569's response:
No offense but one would remember if someone slipped their hands down their pants.

And your headaches, pressure in your ears and breathing problems are NOT signs of syphilis (and by the way, one would NOT be in the later stage of the disease after only one year).

Gail

abe648 responded:
What make you think that you have Syphilis? Note that for there to be a Sexually Transmitted Disease there must be genital to genital contact in order for the STD to be transmitted to you. They are not called Finger Transmitted Disease or Fluid Transmitted Disease so if you did not have genital to genital contact there is no risk of getting this.

So please tale Gail's response and stop worrying about this and do get tested again if you have not done so. When the results come back and if they are similar to the previous result then ask the provider to testing agency to explain to you what that means.

So stop fretting over this.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

An_252350 responded:
Syphilis is a highly contagious disease spread primarily by sexual activity, including oral and anal sex. Occasionally, the disease can be passed to another person through prolonged kissing or close bodily contact. Although this disease is spread from sores, the vast majority of those sores go unrecognized. The infected person is often unaware of the disease and unknowingly passes it on to his or her sexual partner.

Pregnant women with the disease can spread it to their baby. This disease, called congenital syphilis, can cause abnormalities or even death to the child.

Syphilis cannot be spread by toilet seats, door knobs, swimming pools, hot tubs, bath tubs, shared clothing, or eating utensils.

Syphilis is a bacterial infection usually spread by sexual contact. The disease starts as a painless sore — typically on your genitals, rectum or mouth. Syphilis spreads from person to person via skin or mucous membrane contact with these sores.

After the initial infection, the syphilis bacteria can lie dormant in your body for decades before becoming active again. Early syphilis can be cured, sometimes with a single injection of penicillin. Without treatment, syphilis can severely damage your heart, brain or other organs, and can be life-threatening.

Syphilis rates in the United States have been rising since 2000, particularly among men who have sex with men. The genital sores associated with syphilis can make it easier to become infected with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.

abe648 replied to An_252350's response:
An_252350 are you a nedical professional as I think I have seen other replies from you. Thank you.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.