Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

My boyfriend gave me herpes, need HELP!
Anonymousgirl721 posted:
Okay, so last June (2012) I found out I had herpes. My boyfriend and I just started dating a few months earlier in April and I got it in June. It started with really bad itching and then a few bumps and became super painful. I was in shock and questioning if this was something from him or from my past. Turns out, he told me that his ex Girlfriend had herpes... And failed to tell me because he thought he was "clean". Which is such bs and stupidity. We have been together for a little over a year an recently just broke up with him bc I have so much resentment and anger built up about what he gave me. I suffer with outbreaks every month and it is so draining on me. I hate him when I have an outbreak. I love him, but I haven't been happy lately bc of this virus he passed to me... And I don't know how to cope and heal with the fact that I have this virus. How can you fully trust someone who wasn't fully honest in the beginning of the relationship? He was irresponsible and in denial that he had it. I just don't know what to do. I have been so depressed lately, an heart broken since I broke up with him. I needed the breakup to make sure that I don't feel stuck with him. He can't understand or comprehend why I broke up with him. Anyone else have this problem? I need major advice. On top of that there were other things that needed to change in our relationship but te biggest issue was my resentment towards him and anger. I need to fig out how to deal with it. Someone please help.

abe648 responded:
Ok so you have herpes and are having a difficult time dealing with it. How were you diagnosed as having herpes? Was it a swab/culture and if a swab/culture did they tell you what type it was? If it was a blood test could you post your numeric test results from the blood test for both HSV 1 & 2. Are you taking any suppressive therapy to reduce the ob's? If so what are you taking and how much each day and at what dosage. You should not be getting this many ob's of approx 10 to 12 per year so to get things under control so you feel better if you are not taking any suppressive therapy then get on some so you may have 2-3 ob's per year or less. That will make you feel better and will help you to think more clearly about the fact that you now have G herpes. If the ob's are coinciding with your period then it may not be herpes. If you are getting ob's and your period every month separately then that would be a real bummer The two of you should have gotten tested before you became sexually active and you would have known what each of you had. He also should have told you about the previous gf so you could have made a more informed decision. Where to go from here. The first thing you need to decide is do you love him or are you still attracted to him and just hanging on because have G herpes? If it is the latter then it is time to move on as there will be someone who will love you for who you are and not what you have. If you do decide to move on then you will have to decide to tell any new partner that you become sexually active with that your have G herpes. I think that you also need to accept that you have G Herpes. I know this is hard to do and from your post it sounds like you may have not dealt with that yet. Things will get better as time goes on. There will be all kinds of questions so do not hesitate to ask questions. There is nothing to personal to ask. If you do not ask a question you have you will not know the answer. Things will get better. Do you have a close friend that you can tell your concerns to that would help to talk to someone who will just listen to you and will not judge you. If not then come back here and we can help and talk you through this stage in your life. Click on the Tiger to see more info that may help you. What you need to do now is take a deep breath and hold it in as long as you can and EXHALE and RELAX!! God Bless you and let us know how your are feeling.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.