Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Genital ulcers in a new region: Prior HSV-1 carrier, could I have contracted HSV-2?
HealthyandSafe posted:
Hello everyone, [br>I am very concerned. [br>I contracted HSV-1 genital from receiving oral sex from a partner who was shedding at the time in 2004. I am female. [br>I experienced outbreaks every 2-3 months for the first year or so, and then nothing for 8 years. I experienced some stress this past year and had a very mild outbreak in April. It cleared after a few days and taking Valacyclovir 400mg 2x/day for 5 days. [br>[br>Here is why I am concerned: [br>A few days ago, I noticed a cut on my perineum. Nevertheless, I had a partner finger me. About 72 hours later, I developed 2 ulcers on the same region. Could I have contracted HSV-2? [br>I know it was not wise to do this act given the cut. I have never had an HSV-1 genital outbreak on my perineum before. [br>[br>I did a swab at the medical center today. Please let me know your thoughts. [br>[br>Thank you.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.