Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Herpes or no?
An_252792 posted:
About 7 yrs ago I started noticing blisters in my pubic area. They are clear, itchy blisters that scab over and heal. They usually occur in the same place every couple of weeks. It had never occurred anywhere other than my pubic area. I had a full std workup done with my doctor and tested negative for everything. (Ive been with the same man for 10 years and have two children.) I explained all my symptoms to my doctor at the time of my testing and she said she doubted it was herpes. Well this morning I woke up to similar blisters on my right labia. This has never happened before and Im freaking out. Can you tell me what it could be? Was my doctor and the tests wrong?

georgiagail responded:
Were you specifically tested for HSV?

Gail

elle0317 responded:
Go and get the blister swabbed and typed while it's still fresh, today or tomorrow would be the best for more accurate results.. With most Dr's you have to specify that you want to be tested for Herpes, it's not always in the STD workup.

abe648 responded:
Do agree with both posters and as per Elle's post go and get this looked at with in 48 hours or less for best testing results.

Get it swab/cultured and if it turns out to be herpes and your Doc says I do not know which type get the Doc to call the lab and get them to type it so you will know if it is HsV 1 or 2.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Std
Hello, i realy don't want to say my name but im shure you know who i am ,my problem is im a gay 41yr old man my ex boyfriend gave me an ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.