Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

How high is my risk?
An_246781 posted:
I've had sex with a guy twice. (Two separate occasions) on both occasions intercourse was initiated with the use of a condom. However, after he ejaculated, he took the condom off, washed his genitalia off with soap and water and then came back and resumed intercourse without a condom. He never ejaculated in nor on me. How high is my risk if he was positive (HIV)? He said he's not, but I'm just a bit of the paranoid type. I'm a female btw (so penile-vaginal sex). So long story short, I was only exposed to pre-cum, if anything. I highly doubt I was even exposed to that.

georgiagail responded:
The estimated risk for HIV from unprotected receptive (that's you) penile-vaginal intercourse is 10 per 10,000 exposures with a course KNOWN to carry the virus.

Your risk would be less because...

1. You cannot confirm your partners status.

2. Ejaculation did not actually occur; thus any contact with sexual fluids was limited to, at the most, small amounts of pre-ejaculate (although likely also some semen from his previous ejaculation pushed out with the pre-ejaculate UNLESS he urinated between ejaculation and returning to you).

Gail

An_246781 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you! So much!

What's worrying me though is that after sex, I was sore and a day later, I bled. For one whole day. Which led me to believe that he was too rough or big and tore/injured me, which would make me more susceptible. The guy claims he really doesn't have it and that I'm the only person he's done this with (the whole removing the condom).

georgiagail replied to An_246781's response:
Well, you can certainly ask him to get tested if this continues to worry you.

As for you getting tested...the recommended time period is 90 days after a potential exposure.

Again, keep in mind that he washed his penis off prior to the second entry so there would not have been any sexual fluids present if any had been left on from the condom.

Gail

Yeah, I told him I refuse to have sex with him again unless he tests or uses a condom, but I would believe that my chances are extremely low to nonexistent being that he has no confirmed status it just rests my mind a whole lot more to hear it from someone else.

abe648 replied to An_246781's response:
I am not familiar
with HIV but there are all kinds of other STI'S out there and I would not trust a guy who takes off his comdom washes up and then continues to have vaginal sex with out a condom.

I would get him to get tested ffor all STI's and also for HSV 1 & 2. If he does not want to get testedd then I would say that it is over. You do not need to get an STI from a guy refuses to get tested.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.