Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Genital herpes
abrkadoo posted:
Have been taking acyclovir 400 mg x2 /daily for 3 months, after bout of cough/cold antibiotics the outbreak was extensive. changed to 800mgx3 for 5 days. reduced for two days but again OB started. what should i do??? HELP!!

abe648 responded:
Are you female or male? If Female than go and be seen by your Doc and see if it is infact genital Herpes? Some gals can have other issues going on down yonder when they have GH. And even if you do not hve any other issues going on down yonder then you can still review your options to see if there is some other meds that will work better for you.
If it is herpes and is really just worse than most people get it may mean going on a higher dosage. To see the types of meds and dosages see the info in the Herpes Handbook located in the link in my signature line.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

An_252350 responded:
Genital herpes is a common sexually transmitted infection that affects both men and women. Features of genital herpes include pain, itching and sores in your genital area. But many infected people have no signs or symptoms of genital herpes. An infected person can be contagious, even if he or she has no visible sores.
Genital herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). Sexual contact is the primary way that the virus spreads. After the initial infection, the virus lies dormant in your body and can reactivate several times a year.
There's no cure for genital herpes, but medications can ease symptoms and reduce the risk of infecting others. Condoms also can help prevent transmission of the virus.

abrkadoo replied to abe648's response:
Tks. Am a Male 56 yrs old. will check link for dosage.

abrkadoo replied to An_252350's response:
Tks

abrkadoo replied to abrkadoo's response:
Tks I checked the handbook. Well written. My problem is that am having acyclovir 800mgx3 for 6/7 days but the rash is not going. What do i do??

abe648 replied to abrkadoo's response:
What ever this is dos not sound like herpes your are getting. The best thing is go and be seen and make sure it is actually herps as other things can cause problems. Is it in the same area as where you get your herps obs? The best would be to go and be seen by Doc
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Chris_Evans responded:
Description
Acyclovir is an engineered nucleoside simple animated against herpes viruses. Acyclovir cases, USP and acyclovir tablets, USP are plans for oral organization.
Every case of acyclovir holds 200 mg of acyclovir, USP and the inert elements lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, and pregelatinized starch. The case shell comprises of dark press oxide, eatable printing ink, gelatin, and titanium dioxide.
VIROLOGY

Component of Antiviral Action: Acyclovir is an engineered purine nucleoside simple with in vitro and in vivo inhibitory action against herpes simplex infection sorts 1 (HSV-1), 2 (HSV-2), and varicella-zoster infection (VZV).

The inhibitory action of acyclovir is profoundly specific because of its fondness for the compound thymidine kinase (TK) encoded by HSV and VZV. This viral compound changes over acyclovir into acyclovir monophosphate, a nucleotide simple.
Antiviral Activities: The quantitative relationship between the in vitro helplessness of herpes infections to antivirals and the clinical reaction to help has not been built in people, and infection affectability testing has not been institutionalized.
Clinical Trials

Starting Genital Herpes: Double-blind, placebo-regulated studies have showed that orally controlled acyclovir altogether diminished the term of intense contamination and length of time of sore mending. The term of torment and new injury shaping was diminished in some patient gatherings.

Intermittent Genital Herpes: Double-blind, placebo-regulated studies in patients with regular repeats (6 or more scenes for every year) have demonstrated that orally controlled acyclovir given day by day for 4 months to 10 years avoided or lessened the recurrence or intensity of repeats in more stupendous than 95% of patients.
Evidences AND USAGE

Herpes Zoster Infections: Acyclovir cases, USP and acyclovir tablets, USP are demonstrated for the intense medicine of herpes zoster (shingles).

Genital Herpes: Acyclovir cases, USP and acyclovir tablets, USP are demonstrated for the medicine of starting scenes and the administration of intermittent scenes of genital herpes.

Chickenpox: Acyclovir cases, USP and acyclovir tablets, USP are demonstrated for the medicine of chickenpox (varicella).

CONTRAINDICATIONS

Acyclovir is contraindicated for patients who advance extreme touchiness to acyclovir or valacyclovir.

WARNINGS

Acyclovir cases and tablets are proposed for oral ingestion just. Renal washout, in a few cases bringing about demise, has been watched with acyclovir treatment (See ADVERSE REACTIONS: Observed During Clinical Practice and OVERDOSAGE). Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura/hemolytic uremic syndrome (Ttp/hus), which has brought about passing, has happened in immunocompromised patients getting acyclovir help.
Read More Details About A cyclovir and Its Related Factors

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.