Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Unprotected encounter and nervous...
An_252886 posted:
Two days ago I had unprotected sex with someone I had just met. (He had a condom and we tried to use it, but it eventually got pulled off and he didn't have another one.) He was generally really rough, but especially rough with the clitoral area. I had immediate soreness and almost immediate discharge. It's two days later and I still have the discharge, but the pain has gone away. I'm wondering if this discharge has more to do with the healing process or if I should go in and get tested for STIs. I've been reading about the symptoms of different STIs and haven't found any that have immediate symptoms like this, so I am leaning towards the idea that it's just my body healing itself. So far there has been no itching or pain while urinating. I'm currently abroad and while I have traveler's insurance, it might end up being rather expensive going to see a doctor and I'm not sure how quickly I'll be able to get seen. So if it's not necessary and I can wait until my regular check in to get screened (which I always do if I've had a new partner since my last check in, protected or not), I would rather do that. Maybe I should wait another day or two and see what happens? Any thoughts or suggestions from the 'experts'???

Thanks!

georgiagail responded:
It is unlikely at this short stage that any testing would show much. You could be tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia since testing checks for the actual offending bacteria associated with these particular STI's. Other viral based STI's (without symptoms) would require a longer wait.

My suggestion would be to monitor for any additional symptoms and if none, avoid further unprotected sexual contact until you can get home for further testing.

Gail

Terry24 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks Gail!

That's what I was thinking. Wait a few more days or a few more weeks and see what happens. However, I will be abroad until the end of November so if it persists I will have to figure out testing here. I will definitely not be having any more unprotected sex, it's not worth the stress. Should I get anything from the pharmacy to help with the healing? Or just let my body heal itself?

Thanks!

Terry24 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks Gail!

That's what I was thinking. Wait a few more days or a few more weeks and see what happens. However, I will be abroad until the end of November so if it persists I will have to figure out testing here. I will definitely not be having any more unprotected sex, it's not worth the stress. Should I get anything from the pharmacy to help with the healing? Or just let my body heal itself?

Thanks!

georgiagail replied to Terry24's response:
It's likely time (and perhaps a warm soak in a tub) would be the most useful treatment.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.