Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Infecting My BF
An_252953 posted:
I contracted HSV1 "down under" from my bf, who had it, orally. Can he contract it in his genitals now when we have sex, or is he clear since he already has the mouth kind?

abe648 responded:
Your bf should not get HSV 1 genitally as he has the HSV 1 anti bodies in his system already. I guess he might but his chances are very rare that he would get it genitally as he has these same anti bodies in his system. I would not worry about it and just go on with your sex life the same as always.

The good thing for you is that on average you could get one more ob in the first year that you got HSV 1 genitally and then on average you could get an ob every other year. Some people never get a another ob.

The only thing you need to know is that if you break up with this guy then you should tell any new partner that you have HSv 1 genitally. Any new partner should get tested for all STI'S as well as you should to so that both of you know what each other has. Getting tested before you move on to a new partner is really a good idea so that both of you know what each other has.

God Bless the two of you.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.