STD or other infection/problem??
northeast87 posted:
I'm 26 years old, female, long term for 9 years recently engaged, with three kids. I apologize for this very long read!

Basically my symptoms are painful intercourse and painful periods. My fiance and are I aren't sexually active anymore, we've had sex once since March. And maybe 4 times before that this year. At least the last three times I had painful intercourse. I didn't think much of it at first because we aren't sexually active so it doesn't happen often. I get pelvic pain it feels like it's where my cervix is, and burning/itching inside and around the opening of the vagina. I thought it was rather odd the last time we had sex, because it was rather painful for having quickie sex. The time we had sex before the last he was rough with me so I thought it was just from that. And since it was in the middle of the day and not at night I had the pelvic pain for several hours. The vaginal burning pain wasn't as bad as the last time. Only have painful urination after sex.

He said the girl across the street has chlamydia. I know she had a problem with her boyfriend last November, she thought she was pregnant, but months later probably Jan/Feb/March he told me she had an STD. I'm not saying he cheated on me, but it's kinda scary when painful intercourse can be a result of an STD.

I don't have painful urination unless right after sex, I do have to go a lot but that's nothing new. I have some odor, but usually not until a week prior to my period. And same with the discharge, not a problem until then. So that's probably all normal. My periods are painful. It's been going on these past several months. Painful cramps start the day before, and last for 2-3 days. Feels like labor contractions at times. Followed by a heavy flow, which isn't anything new but t's been heavier than usual. Having a tampon in has been uncomfortable too. Feels like very slight burning pain, especially around the opening.

From researching online there are many things that can cause all of this, some can even be in my head. I don't know if it is, because these things just started to happen one day. I don't want my emotions to come out all crazy and accuse my fiancé of something he might have never done. I thought of asking him if he has problems, but I don't know what I should ask or if I should just say hey I have some problems and see if he says anything. He says the reasons for not having sex with me is that he's stressed out and trying to do better (his job is demanding and physical). He says we'll have sex soon, he wants to get us back on our feet and secured. There could be a fear of me getting pregnant again, he used to say that. I bought condoms last year and we only used three of them, he doesn't like wearing condoms. There are times I can turn him on and tease him but he always rejects me. He proposed in February. I've had a UTI twice maybe three times, and a yeast infection once. Two pregnancies, last one were twins four years ago. Took the pill for a year after they were born. Always had irregular periods. Also, my twin pregnancy I had an ovarian cyst that grew just as big as them. Had to remove my ovary, so I only have one. Over a year after they were born I was called in to be an egg donor (signed up for it years before), they ran tests and an ultrasound everything was fine (never donated though). I had emergency appendix surgery last November, if they ran STD tests nothing came back then.

Anyway, I think I covered everything... If anyone can help in any way it's very much appreciated... I have no medical and next month is piled with bills and other things, so hopefully I can get checked in September.. Going to try the vagisil screening kit after my period is done.

georgiagail responded:
See your gynecologist for the painful periods and painful intercourse.

Gail