Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Pain In Leg:0
icantbeleivethis posted:
Hello
Everyone-
Well I was advised by my GYN over a year ago I had HSV:( I don't talk about it etc. Yes, I take oral med, which is fine. Lately, since end of April I've been having back pain. I thought I just may have pulled a muscle or something (no big deal). We are now in July almost August and for the last month I've had the most irritating/nawing pain in my (right leg). It's difficult to sleep, because there is pain in my back, and leg (only the right one). I feel like my leg or something is burning inside my leg (more specifically) in the thigh area. I can't sit for long periods of time. While at work I just have to stand up! I squeeze my leg sometimes so the irritating pain can stop! There are times it's sensitive to the touch; it's like the nerves are ontop of my thigh.

If my pant touch my thigh area it hurts. I've started back a few weeks ago taking my meds. There has been on sexual activity in over a year. Has anyone else experienced this type of pain? Any suggestions would be great!

Thank You...

georgiagail responded:
Perhaps sciatic nerve pain:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sciatica/DS00516

Gail

abe648 responded:
Thigh pain. Some people with herpes do get thigh pain as part of their herpes symptoms. I do know this happens but I would recommend that you search above for something like "Herpes thigh pain" or try some different combinations. I do know that this does happen and I think there should be some other posts that address this issue.

You sain in your post "on sexual" did you mean "no sexual" I think that makes more sense

God Bless you as you move on with your life.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

abe648 responded:
I searched "Herpes thigh pain" and got over 200 results. If that does not give you what you are looking for then cut back to just search "thigh pain" and it may give you a better search of just those posts that relate to Thigh pain and most of them should be about herpes thigh pain.

Hope that helps
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

icantbeleivethis replied to abe648's response:
abe648
Per your comment: You sain in your post "on sexual" did you mean "no sexual" I think that makes more sense

Yes, that is what I was trying to state: NO SEXUAL activity:) I was typing so fast I screwed that up....thanks for catching that.
Oh, and Thank you for the comments...

icantbeleivethis replied to georgiagail's response:
georgiagail
sciatic nerve pain:
I did see that, and I was thinking it could be that as well. Either way I have got to do something it's like WoW! I mean it's so irritating, and I love to walk and I walk fast, well that won't be happening soon...Thanks for the comment.

abe648 replied to icantbeleivethis's response:
Gail your welcome and I always appreciate you on this site as you help so much in areas where I have nothing to offer.
You are greatly appreciated for your help on this exchange.

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.