Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Very Worried
An_253035 posted:
Ok so let me start off saying I have only been with one person. Me and this guy had sex around three years ago. We were both virgins and had never been with another guy. I am gay. And around 5 to 6 months ago I found a bump on the upper part of my inner thigh. It looked like a pimple and It wasn't very large either. So I just thought it was a pimple and I drained. It was just like a pimple. Not a big deal. Until like a week later it came back. Worse this time. When I tried to drain it. It hurt like crazy. It keeps coming back and seems to go deeper every time. and a little bit bigger. Its not large. Its about the size of a BB. about 2 months ago, it started darkening in color. Until now its totally black. It hurts terribly when I walk. I don't know what it is and Im very worried and don't want to go to the doctor because it would just be embarrassing. Anyone got any help. Im 14 Thank you in advance!

SupraCoolDiamondDude responded:
Also we had sex like 4 to 5 times. Over the course of like 3 months.

georgiagail responded:
It may be a pimple or it may be a sebaceous cyst (from an irritated hair follicle in that area). It is not unusual since the area you describe tends to have quite a few sweat and oil glands and it's a place that tends to remain moist and easily irritated.

The problem is, these things can be a bit deep (and, as you know, painful) and while draining it helps, it can return. Sometimes until the core is removed it will continue to bother you.

As embarrassing as this is, a trip to a physician is likely in order. Don't worry; you don't need to let the physician know about your sexual history or your sexual status; this has nothing to do with a STD.

Gail

Helpful Tips

genital herpes
just want somebody else out there that i could talk to i have had herpes for 8 years and i have some questions, if someone would please ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.