Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HSV CHRONO CONCERN
imfinelikethis posted:
So I have had what I assume is a herpes out break on the head of my penis for the past year and a half and it has not disappeared, I was locked up in prison when the outbreak started and it just never went away and now I'm free and going to go see my DR on tuesday but I'm really concerned, has anyone else have knowledge or experience with outbreaks lasting that long?

abe648 responded:
Herpes out breaks do not last that long. Why did you not go see the nurse or Doc while in prison. I can understnad that going to see the Doc or Nurse. May have been not the norm as most likely someone may make fun of you if tfhey found out. I do not know what this is but I would go and see a Doc asap since this has lasted some where around 18 months.

Something this long on your penis needs to be seen. Since I have no idea what it is it could be something very minor or could be something more serious. If you do not have health insurance then go and be seeen at a free clinic or try to find clinic that charges based on income.

Do let us know what you find out. If you have any questions ask away. God Bless you as you move forward with your life
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

abe648 responded:
I am not a medical professionl
What i wanted to also tell you is that herpes does not stay on your penis that long. If it was herpes it would give you an ob and then it would go way and come back again. Most ob's last at the most 7 days or less
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

imfinelikethis replied to abe648's response:
Thank you for your insight, I'm going to my DR today, finally, I know I should've gotten it checked out but the health care system in DOC is complete garbage. My worst fear would be is being syphilis but someone once told me it could be a "fixed drug eruption" which makes some sense considering these "rashes" appeared when my anti-depressant started to take effect, which I hope is the case but then I'd have to switch meds and this one really works for me... *sigh*

abe648 replied to imfinelikethis's response:
Your Welcome. Let us know what the Doc hazs to say it is.

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.